Disease or injury to the eye’s cornea can lead to significantly impaired vision – and even blindness – if left untreated. Dr. Asmaneh Yamagata, our corneal specialist, offers a range of state-of-the-art corneal transplant procedures that can reduce symptoms and diminish risks to your vision caused by corneal disorders.
Causes of Corneal Disease
There are many causes of corneal disease, including:
- Injury or trauma to the cornea
- Scarring of the cornea
- Corneal infection due to contact lens wear
- Corneal swelling after eye surgery
- Corneal swelling due to diseases such as Fuchs’ dystrophy, keratoconus, or other eye conditions
Corneal Transplant Options
The following corneal transplant options are available from Dr. Yamagata:
- Penetrating Keratoplasty
- Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty
- Descemet’s Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty
- Descemet’s Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty
All corneal transplantation procedures are completely customized for each patient. These treatments are designed to effectively address corneal problems and result in improved vision. In fact, some of these procedures are so advanced that many patients can attain near-perfect vision after treatment. Dr. Yamagata will evaluate you to determine whether corneal transplantation is the best option for your needs.